Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's "Busy Season" once again on Maui!

We're in the homestretch for 2006! Thanksgiving is behind us and it's full steam ahead through Whale Season. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving Day. I shared food, fun and thanks with a large group of my closest and best friends. It was a great day, we deep fried a few turkeys and had a fabulous dinner overlooking the ocean at sunset.

Most of us here on Maui are far away from our real families and it's nice to know that I have a very wonderful extended family close to me. We spent the next two days together making some bubbles and playing with my Torpedo Scooters. I shot some great photos and have decided to start a weekly feature here on my blog called the Photo of the Week. Each week I'll look through my shots from my dives and pick my favorite. Some weeks that will be very hard to do. I see so many amazing things underwater and I shoot between two to three hundred shots a week or more. I'll see how it goes. Let me know how you like them!

The water has been calm this week and I can't remember the last time I saw it so smooth for so long. It's really a treat when the ocean is like this. I like to get in as many dives as I can when it's glassy and clear. It makes up for the rough days that we get here every now and then.

I've also noticed a slight drop in water temp. I think it's due to the increased cloudy days we've had over the last few weeks. The sun just hasn't been hitting the water like usual. I feel the change but it's still about 78! Not too hard to deal with! Visibility has been nice as well with an average of about 50-60 feet at Makena Landing and Five Caves. Now bring on some whales!

No comments: